Ela Kinowska was born and raised in Poland Ela immigrated to Canada in 1990. Since her arrival in Canada, she has focused her career on two paths: civil service and photography. As a civil servant she has dedicated her work to the environment and international development, Ela’s assignments included Environment Canada, Foreign Affairs Canada and currently Natural Resources Canada. Ela speaks seven languages and has lived in four countries; she traveled extensively across Europe, Latin America and Africa. As a photographer she has participated in 22 shows in Canada and Europe, her photography has a human focus aiming at documenting the challenges of the present, reflecting on the past and bringing hope for the future; a sample of her images can be viewed at www.elaphoto.com. Ela lives in Ottawa with her husband Ryszard and two children, Sonia and Alexander.
Find us on the Web
Recent CRC Blog posts
- Oct 20The innovation of sustainable plastic alternatives
- Oct 19Three critical steps to addressing the climate crisis
- Oct 13The power of peatlands as nature-based climate solutions
- Oct 13Chief executives urge stronger action to protect biodiversity
- Oct 8Edmonton is leading the way in municipal climate action