The following is a list of resources that provide further information that relates to the vitality of communities within Canada. Resources will be continually updated and added to this section as the Vitality Project aims to present a comprehensive and current perspective of how Canadian communities are performing.
- Environment Quality. Environment Canada Environmental Indicators reports. Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators (CESI) measure the progress of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy, report to Canadians on the state of the environment, and describe Canada’s progress on key environmental sustainability issues.
- Health. Statistics Canada, Health Profile, October 2011. This profile features health region data from a number of sources including Statistics Canada's health surveys, administrative data, and the census of population.
- Co-operatives. Canadian Co-operative Association Publications. The Canadian Co-operative Association has published a number of publications relating to Canada's co-operative sector. Publications of particular interest areCo-operatives Helping Fuel a Green Economy and Ethno-cultural and Immigrant Co-operatives in Canada.
- Biodiversity. Canadian Biodiversity: Ecosystem Status and Trends 2010. Published by the Canadian Councils of Resource Ministers, this series of ecozone-based and thematic technical reports are posted on the technical reports page as they become available.
- Cultural Diversity. Canada Facts and Figures: Immigration Overview Permanent and Temporary Residents. This report provides annual immigration statistics for permanent and temporary residents for calendar years 1986 to 2010.
- Crime. Police-reported crime statistics, 2010. Police-reported crime statistics categorized by province/territory or metropolitan area.
- Socio-economic. The Community Information Database (CID). An interactive website developed by the Government of Canada’s Rural Secretariat that provides socio-economic and demographic data for communities across Canada.